If your attempting to lose weight, shred or simply stick to a clean diet, THIS is perfect!
Not only can you mix it up to so many different flavours, it is perfect to take somewhere with you, perfect to make into a meal and also perfect for a handy snack!
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Protein Or Dairy – Smoked Salmon/pre-cooked cooked Salmon/Chicken/Ham/Bacon/Turkey/Smoked Haddock/Tuna/Cheese etc
- Chai Seeds
- Chopped Chives
- Spring Onion
- One Plum Tomato
- Half an Avocado (ripe)
- Very carefully peel the layers of your fresh lettuce apart from iceberg, as if the lettuce is used as a tortilla wrap.
- Remove the skin from the Avocado and slice in half. Squish and smear it to make a paste like texture.
- Using a knife, spread the Avocado onto the (what will be the centre) of the lettuce wrap.
- Place your choice of either Cheese or Protein on top of the smeared Avocado, possibly to the side that you will start rolling from.
- Now it is time to cut your vegetables into long small slices so they don’t bulk the wrap and place them along the side or on top of your protein/cheese and avocado.
- Sprinkle on some Chai seeds.
- Slowly and carefully roll up your lettuce wrap and there you have one very healthy tasty snack or lunch!
To make it slightly naughty add more!
From sauces and flavoured oils: Mayonnaise, Basil Oil, Garlic Oil, Chilli Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Almond Oil, Lemon Oil, Nandos Sauce, Jerk Sauce!
To more foods: Dried Cranberries, Mango, Carrots, Celery, Peppers (All colours), Potatoes, Seeds, Rice, Beans, Pasta!
The possibilities are endless and just make it your own! After all, it is your taste buds you are wanting to please.
To take to work, for a picnic or out with you, these are easy to wrap in aluminium foil or cling film.
And that my friends.. is a WRAP 😉