As I am currently in Sri Lanka, I have had the chance to try this and IT IS LIFE CHANGING! Gluten Free never tasted so good my friends! It is not even like a traditional jacket potato and the technique of how to prepare this… I’m shocked I have never come across it before!
If any of you like a good jacket potato I suggest you try this TODAY!
- 4 Jacket Potatoes
- Spring Onions
- Salt and Pepper
- Any Cheese that would melt
- Karapincha (Curry Leaf)
- Cover the Jackets in olive oil and place in the oven on the top shelf to bake for 20 minutes at 200c!
- Lower the temperature after and 170c for an extra 1 hour.
- In the mean time bake the bacon until it is cooked to your desire, followed by chopping it all into small pieces.
- Cut the Karapincha into tiny pieces.
- Slice and dice the spring onion and grate the cheese to the amount of your choice.
- When the potatoes are finally cooked, slice them in half and scoop out the inner potato away from the skin into a separate bowl and mash it up as much as you can with 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- Lay out the potato skins prepared for filling.
- Mix in the spring onions, bacon, cheese, salt, pepper and carapincha into the mashed potato.
- Place the mix into the potato skins and place into the oven to bake at 160-170c for around 10-20 minutes depending on the size of potatoes you have cooked with.
- Pull them out of the oven and ENJOY!
Also tastes great with a sauce made from some buffalo curd (sour cream if you have no access to buffalo curd) and then mix it with lime, garlic, salt, pepper and a smile 🙂