Everyone likes a “Cheeky Nandos” right? So what better meal to make after a morning workout on a Sunday than this? Bringing Nandos to home and in a healthy way.
FACT: What is the best thing to eat to aid muscle healing? PROTEIN!
FACT: Quinoa is the easiest protein to digest as well so this will benefit your digestive system whether you eat this on a day of fitness or not 🙂
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 3 Broccoli Stems
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1-2 Cups of Quinoa
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Pinch of chopped Spring Onion
- Nandos Hot Peri Peri Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Rapeseed Oil
- 12 Hours before the meal is to be cooked, marinade the chicken in the Nandos sauce and keep it stored in your fridge (covered).
- 12 Hours Later.
- Pre-heat your pan to a high gas mark with a little olive oil.
- Place your chicken breast into the centre of the pan and leave to cook on a medium heat for around 30-40 minutes. Depending on the size or thickness of your chicken the time could differ. Just make sure all the chicken is no longer pink.
- Within that time you will want to prepare the rest of your meal. So next thing to do is to get a large pan to boil the vegetables.
- Fill the pan with half the size of water and wait to boil at a medium to high temperature.
- Add the broccoli and quinoa in the water. (If you wanted the carrots to be boiled, I would add them in after skinning and chopping them at this moment too).
- After 4 minutes – add in the kale.
- When another 2-3 minutes has passed, using a sieve drain the water from the vegetables and place them all on the plate as desired.
- If you have not already done so, peel the carrots and chop them followed by putting them with the rest of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt, black pepper, rapeseed oil and spring onion over the vegetables.
- When the chicken is tender and ready to be served, take it out of the pan and place it on the serving dish with the rest of the mix.